Garbage and Recycling
Automated Waste and Recycling Program
The Municipality of North Perth uses the automated waste and recycling program, which requires residents to use wheelie bins.
How to Use Your Bins
- Park It - Place your bins just off the roadway on the shoulder grass or driveway.
- Point It - The arrow of the bin lid must point to the centre of the road.
- Space It - Leave at least 1 meter (or an arm's length) of clearance between each bin and any obstacles, such as parked cars, poles and mailboxes.
- All material must fit within the bin and the lid must be closed.
- No extra materials will be collected. RECYCLE WHEN YOU CAN!
- Breakdown boxes and flatten your containers to allow for better fit in your bins.
- Have your bins out by 7:00 A.M. on your scheduled collection day. This will ensure they are picked up.
Landfill Hours and Fees
Recyclable material goes in the wheelie bin with the BLUE lid. Visit the Bluewater Recycling Website for a full list of what can go in your recycling wheelie bin.
Recycling Depot Bins
Around the Municipality of North Perth there are recycling depot bins set up for residents to use if they have recycling that cannot fit in their wheelie bins. The bins look like blue dumpster bins. This is for RECYCING ONLY.
The bins are located at the following locations:
Name of Location
|Listowel Legion Parking Lot (moved from the Listowel Arena)
|| 575 Elizabeth St E, Listowel
|Listowel Public Works Yard
|| 580 Main St W, Listowel
|Gowanstown Post Office
|| 5983 Line 88, Gowanstown
|| 6670 Perth Line 88, Kurtzville
|| 7080 Road 166 (west of Atwood)
|Elma Memorial Community Center
|| 251 Main St, Atwood
|Elma Logan Recreation Complex
|| 200 Nelson St, Monkton
Waste material goes in the wheelie bin with the BLACK lid. Click for a list of unacceptable materials. (20kb, pdf)
The only holidays that Bluewater Recycling does not pick up is Christmas Day and New Years Day. For all other holidays, pickup will be as usual.